By childshill, Feb 2 2017 10:22AM
First Happy New Year from your committee
1. The AGM this year will be on 19 March, due to the comments about the acoustics in the last venue there is a new time and venue, Claremont Free Church, Carey hall, from 4.30. The church is between Claremont Road and Cheviot Gardens. There is parking on Claremont Road and the roads around the venue.
2. The shop will be open this Sunday Feb 5th 12 to 1.30pm when there will be available: POTATOES, Potato fertiliser, 6X, winter planting onions, Growmore , Sulphate of Ammonia, potting compost, composted manure, basic fertilisers, TEV, Bone Meal, Blood Fish and Bone, .Lime, Calcified Seaweed, SEEDS - various at very competitive prices, bamboo stakes - various lengths, ENVIROMESH and various other nets, ground cover
3. There will be a beginners gardening course at Old Kenton Lane Allotments in May, see attached poster and contact them if you would like to take part
4. The next working party will be on Saturday 11 February from 10.00. This is to cut back the overhanging ivy etc. On the west boundary fence. Please bring you secateurs, loppers and shears.
5. We have had this request from Karla Santacara at Claremont School, “I am a teacher at Claremont Primary School as well as the Environment coordinator. We are looking to find some support in growing plants and maintaining our allotment as we have a fantastic space and some good resources for it. Would this be something that your plot holders would be able to help with?” If you are interested in helping contact Karla on firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Childs Hill Allotments Society
020 8458 2870